As of September 2023, the Tucson housing market continues to captivate both buyers and sellers. In the ever-competitive real estate arena, cash is still king, and Tucson, Arizona, holds the crown for the highest number of cash home buyers, even amidst an alarming affordability crisis. In September 2023, 29% of all transactions in Tucson were all-cash deals, up from 27% in August of the same year. This demand for cash transactions makes it an enticing time for sellers looking to cash in on their properties. However, getting top dollar in a cash sale is not always straightforward, and this article aims to guide you through the process of maximizing your cash sale.
The Tucson Housing Market in 2023
The Tucson housing market in 2023 presents a unique set of opportunities and challenges for sellers. Understanding the market’s dynamics is the first step in achieving a successful cash sale. As of September 2023, Tucson continues to be a seller’s market, with limited housing inventory and strong demand from buyers. This has led to a significant number of cash transactions, indicating that cash buyers are eager to seize opportunities in the Tucson real estate landscape.
Why Cash Offers Matter
Cash offers hold a distinct advantage in the Tucson housing market. Sellers often prioritize cash transactions because of their swiftness and certainty. Cash buyers can close deals quickly, circumventing the lengthy mortgage approval process that can delay traditional sales. Additionally, cash offers tend to simplify the process, reducing the chances of a sale falling through due to financing issues. Therefore, understanding the importance of cash offers can help sellers make informed decisions.
Maximizing Cash Offers
While cash offers provide a quick path to selling your house, it’s essential to maximize the value of these offers. One common pitfall is accepting the first cash offer received, which may undervalue your property. To ensure you get the best deal, we recommend obtaining cash offers from multiple local and national cash buyers. But how can you achieve this? The answer lies in listing your property on a cash buyer marketplace.
When you list your house on a cash buyer marketplace, such as Houzeo.com, your property’s exposure increases significantly. Your listing is syndicated to hundreds of real estate websites, making it visible to both local and national cash home buyers actively searching for properties.
A Detailed Review of Top Cash Buyers in Tucson
In Tucson, various companies are ready to offer cash for your home. To make an informed decision, it’s essential to review these companies’ reputations, service fees, and customer reviews. Here are some of the top cash buyer companies you should consider:
- Being a well-established local company with nearly two decades of hands-on experience, we’ve collaborated with numerous property owners facing the need to promptly sell their Arizona homes at a reasonable value.
- Expect a just and equitable offer with the flexibility to select your preferred closing date. Plus, we’ll cover all the associated costs. You’ll receive a cash offer within 24 hours!
- Avoid Property Repairs: Opting for a cash sale of your home eliminates the necessity of spending on repairs, preparations, or staging before the sale.
- Flexible Closing Timeline: Sellers have the advantage of choosing a delayed closing date, post-acceptance, if they prefer an extended stay in the property.
Cash Offer Terms
Synergy Home Offer is a community-based real estate solutions business that specializes in purchasing homes for immediate cash. We present competitive all-cash proposals for properties in their current state, ensuring a hassle-free process for homeowners. In addition, we collaborate with a network of investors to guarantee that our clients receive the most advantageous deals possible.
Service Fee: Absolutely none
Typical Offer: Ranges from 50% to 70% of the property’s Fair Market Value (FMV)
Eligible Properties: We focus on homes facing challenges such as divorce, foreclosure, the passing of a loved one, problematic rental properties, inheritance issues, and more.
Closing Offer Terms: At Synergy Home Offer, we expedite the closing process, completing it within a mere 7 days. Moreover, we provide the flexibility to adjust the closing schedule to better suit your needs.
BBB Rating & Accreditation
Maximum Visibility: With Houzeo’s MLS packages, your property gains unparalleled exposure, being listed on the MLS and featured on hundreds of popular websites including Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Redfin, and many more.
Exceptional Customer Support: Houzeo is renowned for its outstanding customer service, with a dedicated team available to assist you six days a week, and communication channels like chat and email open every day.
Fully Digital Experience: Houzeo leverages cutting-edge technology to provide a seamless online experience. This translates to effortless property listings, swift updates, virtual showings, and digital offer management. Additionally, the Houzeo Mobile App is exceptionally user-friendly and powerful.
Zero Listing Commission: In the majority of states, listing your property on the MLS via Houzeo requires only a nominal flat fee, saving you from the traditional listing commission costs.
Cash Offer Terms
Service Charge – Only $349: Unlike other services, Houzeo is transparent with its fees, ensuring you won’t be surprised by a 5% service charge or hidden closing costs.
Fair Market Value Offers: With Houzeo, you can expect offers that may reach up to 100% of your property’s current fair market value.
All Properties Welcome: Houzeo Marketplace is inclusive, allowing you to list and sell your property in any condition, even if you choose to sell it as-is.
Flexible Closing: You have the power to set your preferred closing date and dictate the terms of the closing offer, giving you control over the process.
Extensive Reach: Opendoor offers cash purchases for homes across 51 different markets, covering areas such as Boston, Albuquerque, San Francisco, and San Jose.
Choose Your Closing Date: With Opendoor, you have the flexibility to set a closing date that suits your schedule, up to 45 days in the future.
Extended Stay Option: After selling your home to Opendoor and receiving the sale proceeds, you have the option to temporarily rent back your home for up to 14 days.
Zero Cancellation Charges: If you decide to cancel the contract, Opendoor allows you to do so without incurring any cancellation fees.
Skip the Traditional Process: Selling your home to Opendoor means you can bypass the usual hassles and costs associated with the traditional home selling process.
Cash Offer Terms
Service Charge: The fee for our services is a straightforward 5% of the final home sale price.
Offer Range: We typically propose an amount that ranges from 70% to 80% of your property’s fair market value.
Qualifying Properties: Opendoor is interested in making cash offers for properties that are primarily owner-occupied, constructed after 1930, and situated on lots that are no larger than 1.5 to 2 acres in size. Please note that prefabricated homes, properties that have been inherited, and homes currently occupied by tenants are not eligible for our cash offer program.
Flexible Closing: With Opendoor, you have the flexibility to choose your closing date, up to a maximum of 45 days from the offer acceptance.
BBB Rating & Accreditation
Quick Sale Process: Offerpad enables you to swiftly close the deal on your property within just eight days through our cash-for-house option.
Skip the Repairs: Choose to sell your house to us and avoid any initial expenses related to repairing, preparing, or staging your property.
Flexible Move-Out: We provide an extended stay option for sellers who wish to delay their move-out date even after the deal has been finalized.
Wide Service Area: Offerpad is actively purchasing homes for cash across 27 different markets.
Cash Offer Terms
Service Charge: A fee of 6% of the property’s sale price is applicable for our services.
Offer Range: We generally make cash offers that are between 70% and 80% of the property’s Fair Market Value (FMV).
Property Requirements: Offerpad is interested in purchasing homes built after 1960, situated on lots no larger than 1 acre, and valued at up to $1 million. Please note that homes with major structural issues or properties in a state of disrepair do not qualify. For more details on Offerpad’s property criteria, please refer to our guidelines.
Quick Closing Process: With Offerpad, you have the option to close the sale as quickly as 8 days after accepting our offer.
BBB Rating & Accreditation
Commence by submitting all pertinent information about your property to receive an initial “as is” offer.
Arrange a meeting with a local investor, who will visit your property to perform a thorough assessment and respond to any inquiries you may have.
Engage in a discussion with the local investor to determine their ultimate cash offer. If you decide to proceed with the sale, you can sign a sales agreement right there and then.
You have the flexibility to pick a closing date that aligns with your schedule.
On the agreed-upon closing day, all that remains is for you to appear to sign the necessary paperwork, and you will receive your cash within a matter of hours.
Cash Offer Terms
Express Homebuyers provides an initial cash offer for your property within minutes.
They serve customers across 28 states.
Express Homebuyers typically proposes an amount ranging from 50% to 70% of the fair market value of your home.
BBB Rating & Accreditation
Are Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Tucson Legit?
It’s natural to wonder about the legitimacy of companies offering cash for houses, given the significance of the transaction. The good news is that cash house buyers are legitimate and operate legally nationwide. However, it’s essential to be cautious and avoid potential scams. Legitimate home buyers will never ask you to pay cash upfront, so remember to inspect how the cash company operates before signing any real estate contract.
Types of Cash Home Buyers
In Tucson, there are four primary types of cash home buyers:
- “We Buy Houses for Cash” Companies: These companies buy distressed properties, make necessary repairs, and sell the homes on the open market. Expect cash offers ranging from 30% to 70% of your home’s fair market value.
- iBuyers: iBuyers use proprietary algorithms to determine cash offers. In 2023, iBuyers typically offer around 70% to 80% of the fair market value.
- Buy-and-Hold Cash Buyers: These buyers convert distressed houses into rental properties, aiming for long-term income rather than quick profit.
- Home Trade-In Services: Home trade-in companies offer cash for your current property, allowing you to purchase another home without the hassle of a traditional sale.
Understanding these types of cash buyers can help you choose the one that best aligns with your goals and property condition.
How Do Companies That Buy Houses for Cash Work?
Selling your house for cash to these companies is typically straightforward and expedient. Here’s an overview of the process:
- Share Your Property Details: To initiate the process, you’ll need to share essential information about your property. Cash buyer companies in Arizona collect basic details like your property’s location and its current condition. You can usually provide this information over the phone or through their website.
- Review the Preliminary Cash Offer: After receiving your property details, the “cash for homes” Arizona company will analyze your property and compare it to similar properties in the area. They will then provide you with a preliminary cash offer. Typically, these initial offers fall within the range of 30% to 70% of your home’s fair market value.
- Complete a Home Inspection: If you decide to proceed after reviewing the preliminary offer, a home inspector will perform an inspection of your property. The inspector will assess any needed repairs and adjustments for holding costs. After this inspection, the cash home-buying company will present you with a final cash offer.
- Accept the Final Cash Offer & Close: If the final cash offer aligns with your expectations, you can accept it and proceed with the closing process. The timelines for closing are usually faster with cash buyers than traditional buyers, providing you with added flexibility.
How Much Do Tucson “We Buy Houses Cash” Companies Pay?
The amount you can expect to receive from cash buyers in Tucson is often determined by the 70% ARV (After Repair Value) rule. This rule states that cash buyers in Arizona will typically offer no more than 70% of the fair market value of the property. This is because they intend to repair and renovate the purchased homes, and overhead expenses are deducted from your home sale proceeds.
For example, if your home is assessed at a fair market value of $300,000 and requires $25,000 in repairs, you might anticipate a cash offer of around $185,000.
Understanding the 70% ARV rule is essential for setting realistic expectations when dealing with cash buyers.
Pros and Cons of Selling to Cash Buyers
While cash buyers offer distinct advantages, there are also potential drawbacks to consider. Here are some pros and cons:
- Fast Cash Sale: Cash buyers can provide a quick, hassle-free sale. You typically receive a cash offer within 24-48 hours of sharing your property details.
- Flexible Closing: Cash buyers often move faster than traditional buyers. You can negotiate a closing timeline that suits your needs, avoiding the waiting periods associated with listing on the MLS.
- No Service Fees: Cash buyer companies usually don’t charge service fees. They cover their expenses through the repairs and renovations, ensuring you receive the agreed-upon cash offer.
- No Upfront Costs: Unlike traditional sales where you may need to invest in marketing and repairs, cash buyers purchase homes as-is. You can avoid upfront costs and sell your property in its current condition.
- Lowball Cash Offers: Cash buyers typically offer between 50% to 70% of the fair market value. While there may be room for negotiation, it’s unlikely you’ll receive more than 70% of your home’s market value.
- Non-Negotiable Deals: Cash buyers often present take-it-or-leave-it deals. Negotiation may be possible in specific cases, but many cash buyers are firm on their prices.
- Closing Costs: Some cash buyers may ask homeowners to cover the seller’s closing costs, which can affect your final proceeds.
Alternatives to Companies That Buy Houses for Cash in Tucson
While selling to cash buyers has its advantages, it’s not the only option available to Tucson homeowners. Here are some alternative approaches to consider:
- List Your Home With a Flat Fee MLS Service: If you believe your property is in good condition and doesn’t need significant repairs, listing your home on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) with a flat fee MLS service can be a viable option. This approach can help you reach a broader range of buyers and potentially secure offers closer to your home’s fair market value. In February 2023, 22% of homes listed on the MLS sold above their final list price.
- Hire a Top Realtor: If you prefer a more traditional approach, working with a top real estate agent is an option. Realtors can provide expertise and guidance throughout the selling process. However, keep in mind that they typically charge a commission, often around 6% of the final sale price.
- Sell “For Sale By Owner” (FSBO): If you’re comfortable taking on the responsibilities of marketing, managing offers, and showing your property, selling “For Sale By Owner” (FSBO) is another option. This approach allows you to save on realtor commissions but requires substantial effort on your part.
In conclusion, selling your house for cash in Tucson presents an array of opportunities and challenges. Understanding the dynamics of the Tucson housing market, the types of cash buyers, and the pros and cons of cash sales is crucial for making informed decisions. Whether you choose to work with cash buyers or explore alternative selling methods, the key is to maximize your return and ensure a smooth transaction.